Residential Collection Services
Hardin Sanitation proudly provides top quality residential trash and recycling collection services in Ada County, Idaho.
Residential Set Out Instructions
For safety and efficiency reasons, please:
- Place materials out by 7:00 am
- Place carts in the street against the curb
- Place carts at least 3 feet away from other carts or objects
- Place carts in area free of overhead trees, etc. (14 feet clearance)
- Make sure cart handle faces your house
- Place used motor oil in clear jugs and in view of drivers
Residential Trash Containers
|95 Gallon Cart||42"||28"||32"||Blue|
Weekly residential garbage collection is performed on Monday through Friday.
- Bag trash to prevent littering
- Set out carts by 7:00 am with lids closed
- Do not block sidewalks
- All containers must be removed from curbside within 24 hours
- Miscellaneous garbage
- Normal household waste materials
- Animal carcasses
- Ashes (hot or cold)
- Hazardous waste, liquids, paints, oils
- Medical waste
- White goods containing CFC’s (appliances)
Bulky Waste & Appliances
For an additional fee, Hardin Sanitation can pickup large items like furniture and appliances. Please call Hardin Sanitation at 208-642-2629 at least 24 hours in advance of your normal collection day to schedule collection of bulk items.
|95 Gallon Cart||42"||28"||32"||Blue Cart with Orange Lid|
Hardin Sanitation residential trash and recycling customers in Ada County should set recycling carts out curbside by 7:00 am on their regular pickup day.
To preserve the value of the recyclables, only place approved items in the recycling cart that are empty, clean and dry.
- All Hardin customers receive a 95 gallon cart for recycling.
- Pickup occurs every other week on your trash collection day.
- Place recycling carts out by 7:00 am on your collection day.
- Additional 95 gallon carts are available for an extra monthly fee.
- All approved recycling items can be mixed in the cart.
- No plastic bags
- No glass, Styrofoam, or yard waste
- Flatten or cut down boxes to fit in cart.
- Lids must close.
Paper & Cardboard
- Cardboard boxes (broken down to fit in container)
- Computer and fax paper
- Construction paper
- Envelopes (cellophane window ok)
- Frozen food and cereal boxes (no liners)
- Junk mail
- Magazines and catalogs
- Office waste paper (any color)
- Paper bags
- Phone books
Plastic Bottles and Jugs
- Bottles & Jugs must be marked with #1 or #2 recycle symbol
- No lightweight water bottles
- No plastic bags or other soft plastics
- Aerosol cans (must be empty; labels ok)
- Aluminum cans
- Steel cans
- Tin cans
Please do not place any of the following items in your recycling cart:
- Chip and candy wrappers
- Food contaminated paper (pizza boxes, plates, coffee cups)
- Food waste
- Hazardous waste containers
- Light weight water bottles
- Milk and juice paper cartons
- Plastic bags
- Soft or flimsy plastics
- Styrofoam / packaging
- Tissues, napkins, paper towels
- Yard waste
- Wax coated cardboard
Please create tied bundles of yard waste to be a maximum of 60 pounds, 4 feet long and 18 inch diameter. And, contain soft organic garden material, grass clippings and leaves in your trash cart weighing no more than 60 pounds. Do not put sod, dirt or rocks in any container.
Fall Leaf Recycling
During the first 4 weeks of November, please set out your leaves in customer supplied Kraft paper bags. Leaves will be collected on your normal collection day.
Christmas Tree Recycling
Natural Christmas trees without lights, ornaments, tinsel, stands and flocking maybe set out for collection the first two weeks after Christmas. Cut trees and branches into 4 foot pieces and place curbside by 7:00 am on your collection day.
Residential customers who qualify under the American with Disabilities Act may receive free carry-out service. This service is also available to other for an extra monthly charge. To order carry-out service, call Ada County Billing at 208-577-4710.
Unaccepted – Hazardous Waste
Hazardous Waste is not allowed in any Hardin Sanitation container or truck. Please take these items to the Adan County Landfill Hazardous Waste Drop Off location.
Accepted Materials include: CFL bulbs, computer monitors, florescent tubes, gasoline, herbicides, oil, paint pesticides, stain, televisions, varnish, and vehicle batteries. For the most up-to-date list of materials and disposal instructions visit the Ada County Landfill website.
Ada County Household Hazardous Waste Facility
Ada County Landfill
10300 Seaman’s Gulch Rd
Boise, ID 83702
Unaccepted – Prohibited Material
Prohibited materials include ammunition, biomedical waste, explosives, and radioactive items not allowed in any Hardin Sanitation container or truck. DO NOT place loose sharps (needles, syringes, lancets) in the trash or recycling containers. For information on proper disposal, call the Environmental Compliance Coordinator at the Ada County Landfill at 208-577-4736.